Monday, January 16, 2006

A Business Plan

I was also lost and during my freshman year I thought that Music Therapy would be a good route because I knew I played violin well, and it would be really neat to apply that to helping people.

I discovered that my passion for helping people and counseling others through music would be with me no matter if I had a degree in it or not - so lost and confused about the dreaded question "what will I do with my life," I declared almost a dozen different majors before discovering that Business Marketing was a good fit.

Why Because Marketing? Because it can apply to anything (so since I was indecisive, I could defer my descion of choosing an industry until after my degree). At first, I thought I would become a famous musican and apply my marketing skills to making millions and then giving all my proceeds to charities like the Multple Sclerosis Society (My Dad has M.S.) and other organization that have had a huge impact on my life like:
* Hillel & Birthright Israel
* The Brandeis Collegiate Institute in California
* Rocky Mountain Hebrew Academy
* Moodus: Heritage Retreats & AISH Institute
* Students In Free Enterprise
* Colorado State University.

Then, I thought I might be able to help market for the Jewish world - and after my last trip to Israel, I've realized that being a leader and taking a stand isn't that hard to do. The hard part is surrounding yourself with the right people so that you're comfortable with the descions that you make, and the contributions you instill. and even harder - standing by your contributions and making a commitment to make them worth something - a concept almost every Israeli politician that's not needs a lesson in.

So, I'm developing a business plan. I don't know what it specifically entails right now, but I do know it will be focused on helping to promote American connections with Israel to ensure that the Jewish people reach their highest potential in a world torn by war and poverty.

Part of the plan will include linking American Jewish entrepreneurs with Israeli University Student engineers and developers. Another facit will be finding the resources, communities, and investment opportunities that can be the foundation for a sustainable business model.

Wanting to play and travel is good too- as long as I remember to not runaway from my true potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home